Friday, May 10, 2013

One Week!

Yep, just one week till I'm through with M1 year.  One week and a whole buttboatload of studying.  After my histology final this afternoon I was able to escape to the barn, and had a really great lesson on Luke. 
Not the most graceful of beasts (enjoying a pre-ride roll)
 
Toweling off after said roll.


 
We are getting better and better about moving forward off the leg, and the amount of sass and ear pinning has significantly improved.  Right now I'm working on not collapsing my hip angle during downward transitions, especially canter to trot, where things can get disorganized quickly if I don't keep it together on top.  If I get in his way he certainly lets me know about it. 
 
I've decided to just do Training Test 1 next week, I figured I had enough to memorize in the next seven days (and enough stress!). 
 
Ollie has had quite an excellent week.  Yesterday we saw ducks on our walk

And on Wednesday one of my classmate's dogs had a birthday and he got a piece of cake!

I had to stop and take a picture of this little cutie on my way home from the barn today, spring is the best time of year!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Cavalier!!!! I loooooooove Cavaliers :) Good luck with your last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Right now Friday feels impossibly far away. I LOVE them too, so gentle and friendly :)

      Delete