Saturday, April 20, 2013

Swift as a shadow: Medical student nights off

"...Swift as a shadow, short as any dream
Brief as the lightening in the coiled night
That, in a spleen, unfolds both heaven and earth;
And ere a man hath power to say "Behold!"
The jaws of darkness do devour it up..."
-Midsummer Night's Dream Act 1 Scene 1 141-149


I always take Friday nights off (of studying).  I don't take any other nights off.  Therefore, my Friday evenings are routinely very quickly devoured up by the jaws of darkness (sigh, I miss reading pretty things)  This particular Friday I was able to accomplish a few tasks off my wedding to-do list, including purchasing a veil (cathedral length, simple) and finding undergarments to 'hold it all in' as the sales lady put it.  I ended up deciding against the Spanx, they reminded me too much of that suit Robin Williams wears in Mrs. Doubtfire.  I think it was the nude color. 

De-fatting vs fat-adding, body shaping is a realm I'm just not ready for.

Other exciting news (my life is not that exciting), we found new toothpaste for Oliver and he loves it. It's chicken flavored, so although he hates having his teeth brush he'll allow this one, as long as he gets breaks to lick the bristles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment